Welcome to EduIssues.com, a site to discuss education issues facing the area around San Mateo, CA. Please read the Welcome message for more details about this site. All discussions are moderated as explained in the Welcome message.
I would appreciate your support by signing up for email alerts for new posts. This can be done in the right sidebar (or scroll to the bottom in the mobile version). Alerts will only be sent when new articles appear, not for comments unless you also request the latter. Your email address will not be released or used for any purpose other than sending you article alerts.
(Click on any topic title below for all articles in that category in reverse chronological order – only the most recent or important articles are listed below)
- Pros and Cons of the CPM Math Textbook Series
- IMPORTANT – Borel Middle School PTA meeting tonight, 9/18/17, at 7 on CPM math
- It’s AP ex(sc)am time again!
- Important advice for students and parents regarding Advanced Placement (AP) classes.
- A Hole in the Aragon Math Curriculum
- A very unfortunate local test practice that I think is hurting students.
- How to Interest Kids in Science, Engineering, and Math.
- Confirmation from UC Berkeley on problems with AP classes
- SMFCSD Budget and Measure Y Postmortem
- Large Turnover on SMFCSD Board in Face of Looming Cutbacks!!
- Financial Troubles in the SMFCSD
- Lawmakers try to ease California’s teacher shortage
- Back to School – Changes at Aragon HS
- Yet Another Case of Education Privatization Leading to Fraud
- A Critical Read for all of those Interested in Education
- “Strange Contagion” by Lee Daniel Kravetz
- No Last Minute Miracle for Measure Y
- Measure Y revenues will NOT be replaced by the state if the measure fails to pass!
- San Mateo / Foster City Mail-in Ballot Coming for Measure Y
Thank you for reading and participating on this site. Together we can make a difference and improve education for our local students!
I also subscribe to and read a large number of publications about education and many other topics. I use my Twitter feed to call attention to noteworthy items as well as new posts on this site. If you are interested, please request to follow @kristutoring on Twitter.